Friday, April 30, 2010

Just Think About it

That's what I tell people when they ask how to spell my last name now. "Just think about it..." It makes me smile and makes them look at me like I have brain damage.


Hey, at least I think I'm funny.

In case you aren't getting the joke - last August 15th I became the new Mrs. Ponder. Get it yet? To ponder is to think...yes, that's the whole joke. The name couldn't be more fitting for my husband than if he had sat down, thought about it (giggle!) and picked one out all on his own. He is a brilliant man, but a little bit absent minded about the details of every day life - sort of like the Absent-Minded Professor. He even does this thing that we call Professor Ponder Mode when he really gets in to explaining things to people - it's cute...trust me.


Let me break it down for you SAT analogy style (yeah, by the way - I'm a geek too)



I am to my hubby as Pepper Potts is to Tony Stark.



Ok, now if I could just be skinny like her and I wouldn't complain if all of a sudden he got filthy ritch. But the arc reactor in the chest thing I can totally live without, not to mention that he's flying off all the time to fight evil and save the world as Iron Man.

Did I mention that I'm a geek too and didn't have to look any of that up?

The moral of my little story is that a lot has changed for me since we got married last August, and now this is becoming the most logical way to keep up with it all and make sure that everyone that wants to can keep up too.

Don't worry though - I'll try to think before I put anything here. I'll even take some time to Ponder it!

No comments:

Post a Comment