Monday, May 3, 2010

House: Update

I've been through things that were difficult and invasive before.

Getting the legal aspects lined up for the Professor and I to get married - a pain, but we got it done. Getting major dental work done as an emergency - difficult and very invasive, but no biggie.

Getting everything lined up to buy our first home - let's just say that this may be the house we live in until we both die.

We started looking for houses last year - casually before the wedding and more seriously after the big conversion to Mr. & Mrs. We put in offers, got our hopes up (OK, I got my hopes up) and then had them crushed. Several times, by the way. But then we finally found this house - 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, a yard, a kitchen with more than 1 foot of counter space and it even has a dishwasher! After not having one, I can't even begin to tell you how happy that makes me.

And then the fun started. We put in our offer, it was accepted, and then the loan paperwork began. That was a month ago. I never knew that you could be expected to come up with the things that I have been asked for. And the best part is that they always need them right now. No matter what you are doing, you are expected to drop it and provide some obscure paper that the underwriter HAS to have. (What ever was wrong with me not having a copy of my lease with me at work!)

This is hands down the most invasive process that I have ever been through. So don't be surprised if I am moved from this house after my demise. It just seems easier that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment